Over 20+ was contributed by Colin himself and another uncountable number of f*cks were given when we had to reworked the UI for the third time.
I got to say that this is the first module I’ve taken which made my parents worried about my health.
The final project marks the first time that I’m working for a non technical client and this is also the first time where I found myself truely appreciative of practices such as requirements gathering and client management.
Sadly, we did too much of the former (requirements gathering) and too little of the latter (client management). Every week we would have a meeting with our client and every week without fail there will be some new hurdles hampering progress. Major UI revamps, killing of a feature that was painstakingly built, changes to existing workflow and many more. All these changes might seem trivial from the client point of view, but each of them takes time and that eventually lead to the team running around in circles.
Hence the very plain chat app which was presented during our progress report 2 which we thought had to be written. As a note, the chat functionality was actually built within 2 to 3 weeks into the project along with a functional NLP chat bot implemented by Kiwi.
However, I believe client management wouldn’t really help in our case because the client doesn’t know what he wants in most of the cases anyway. It is difficult to manage the expectation of someone when the expectation is everchanging.
At the end of the day, despite my misgivings about the project, I honestly feel that the team has really worked our a**es off and built a product that has really capture the essense of what our client has envisioned. Apart from a few issues withstanding, I believe that it has the potential to do us good. So good luck to my team and press on!